Recent NewsRead more
By , Sustainability Content Writer Intern,
There are plenty of ways that you can improve the overall health and safety of your home. Our homes are the setting of so many special moment and memories, and it is in our best interests to keep them a clean and inviting place.
- Smoke detectors monitor the air quality in your home and give early warning signs of fires. , therefore smoke detectors are a key part of home safety.
- Carbon monoxide detectors are also vital to home safety. is a colorless, odorless gas that is toxic to people. So having a detector installed in your home, will potentially save the lives of everyone in your household.
- is important to healthy indoor air quality. Many newer HVAC systems bring outdoor air inside for this purpose. If your system does not do this, however, open windows and doors to allow fresh air circulation when weather permits.
- House plants are also beneficial to health because they intake carbon dioxide and output oxygen, which from the air. In addition, plants are proved to .
Kitchen and Bathroom
- Safe cleaning supplies for cleaning your kitchen and bathroom surfaces will go a long way to improve the health of your household. Products with the EPA’s Safer Choice label are confirmed to have safe ingredients, stellar cleaning results, and are non-toxic to the environment.
- Controlling moisture is important in areas of your home which are often exposed to water, such as the kitchen and bathroom. Moisture left alone for even 24 hours can potentially produce mold, which can cause allergic reactions in home residents.
If you are interested in a more permanent healthy home solution, consider the benefits of an overall green home. Green homes include improved ventilation, which , as well as . Radon mitigation, sealed combustion appliances, and low emission materials . in green homes through insulation and air sealing.
Lastly, whole house waterproofing reduces moisture in the home, . Needless to say, the health benefits of a green home are numerous!
If you are interested in purchasing a healthy home, check out that meet our ‘healthy home’ standards.
* This article contains affiliate links. Which means at no additional cost to you, if you click through and make a purchase, Realty Sage may earn revenue.
Back to news